Netflix and iTunes seem to have a strong foothold in the movie rental market. I am interested to see how this pans out but I initially have a bad feeling about this.
There are a number of factors that make me think that this may not work. Netfix is doing extremely well in this market. Also this is a big budget film, it was hyper promoted and did well in the box office. A lot of people already saw it and most probably own the DVD so why would they want to rent it....on facebook?
A lot of the comments express how much people like the film and how many times they have already watched it. Out of 3,952,778 people that like The Dark Knight so far only 1,196 like the fact that they can watch it on facebook.
I think big budget studio films will not benefit much from this but documentaries can. Documentaries and independent films need exhibition outlets big budget films do not.
No comments:
Post a Comment